Thursday, December 13, 2007

Learning 2.0: Assignment #9

I must admit that, although I've know about Technorati for a while and find the concept really interesting, I've rarely used the site. I can see how it would be very useful in the library, to assist a patron looking for information on a certain topic or to suggest additional resources.

Similarly, Topix.net is fun to run through, and perhaps a bit more user-friendly in its design to my eyes. Syndic8.com offered a refreshing change of pace and seemed more like a search engine than the other sites, which I appreciated. I could see using all three sites at work as needs arise.

For me, however, I prefer to find sites on my own and subscribe to the RSS feeds one by one. That not to say these search tools couldn't be personally useful; it's just not my normal M.O. Besides, there are only so many feeds I can personally handle before I feel overwhelmed -- no matter how simple my feed reader may be!

No comments: